|Employer:||Johns Hopkins Health System
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Chargemaster Analyst – CPC Certified Coder
The Johns Hopkins Health System has a long, distinguished history of service and excellence in the delivery of quality-driven patient care. We are equally committed to offering an innovative and collaborative work environment to our employees, one that enriches their professional development and enhances their clinical practice. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a Chargemaster Analyst.
Under the direction of the Director, Casemix Information Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of the JHHS Charge Description Master (CDM).
1) Assist with implementation and maintenance of EPIC EAP Master file for the Johns Hopkins Health System;
2) Ensures all EPIC systems and subsystems are updated with the most recent CPT Codes and complies with all federal and state charging rules.
3) Work with EPIC Application Coordinators to ensure all charge capture applications and tools are updated
4) Work with Compliance to research, design and implement charge code and charge structure improvements and participate in ongoing coordination and resolution of revenue issues
5) Conduct billing audits of target clinics and outpatient departments
6) Assist patient financial-services in CDM related and claim problem resolutions.
To qualify for this position, an Associate’s degree is preferred and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in coding. You must also possess one of the following certifications: CPC-H, CPC, CCS, RHIA, RHIT or other coding certification. Proficiency with EPIC and other billing systems is also preferred.