|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Knoxville 37922, TN, US
TeamHealth is seeking a recognized leader for the role of Chief Coding Officer. This position will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and oversees medical coding policy, quality assurance, coder and clinician coding and documentation education across the nation for 12 clinical service lines and associated teams. This position is a key liaison between Health Care Financial Services (HCFS) and clinical operations.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
This position is responsible for overseeing the following areas:
- Creation and maintenance of HCFS medical coding policy for Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Anesthesiology, Pain Management, Ambulatory Care (clinic), General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Wound Care, Behavioral Health, OB/GYN, Post-Acute Care clinician coding and Acute Care clinician coding
- Coder education on coding policies
- Clinician education on proper documentation and coding
- Quality assurance of coder’s coding and clinician’s documentation and coding
- Manages six direct reports and their team of 43 reports
This position serves as:
- A medical and coding subject matter expert on CPT, ICD-10 and MIPS coding and billing to other TeamHealth departments (Compliance, Legal, Appeals, Contract Management, Clinical Operations and others)
- A crucial interface between HCFS and clinical operations
- Proven applicable CPT, ICD-10 and MIPS coding experience; coding certification preferred
- Management experience required; preferably three to five years
- Experience in working with clinicians regarding documentation education
- Experience in working with coder education
- Experience in creating coding policy
- Preferred experience working in the medical specialties of Emergency Medicine or Hospital Medicine
- Quality improvement/quality assurance background preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should submit a letter of application stating professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of five professional references.