|Employer:||FMOL Health Syatem
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS-P
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||Baton Rouge, AA
The Clinic Coder 3 - Surgical Coding abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical records, charts and documents and assigns appropriate codes to patient records according to established procedures. Assigns codes for specialty practices. Works with coding databases and confirms CPT assignments. Reviews and audits Physician Group provider medical records for documentation and coding compliancy and quality with federal and state laws and regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. This position relies on guidelines and some experience and judgment to complete job and works under general supervision. Researches complex coding scenarios. Creates and presents coding education to clinical providers.
- Determines the appropriate sequencing of diseases, diagnoses, and surgeries
- Accurately assigns appropriate codes to patient records using applicable system(s), guidelines and regulations
- Collaborates with management to identify and coordinate educational needs-based audit results and new technologies
- Provides support of monthly statistics and educational programs to staff on a regular basis
- Provides technical assistance to IS staff authorized coding database retrieval and identification and resolution of software and system functionality.
- Establishes and maintains interdepartmental relationships with providers to facilitate cooperation and compliance
- Assists the Physician Group Revenue Management Department and other financial departments in clarification of coding regarding reimbursement issues to resolve claim edits and assure clean claim submission
- Monitors and evaluates compliance with documentation standards to identify trends, issues, risk areas, and opportunities of education and process improvement
- 5 years coding experience
- High School or equivalent
- CPC or CCS-P certification