|Skills:||5-7 years Emergency Department coding and 3-5 years auditing experience required.
|Required Certifications:||CCS,or CPMA,CPC
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||8 Oak Park Drive Bedford 01730, AA, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Remote offered in certain states
Are you interested in joining a team that is committed to providing physician inspired knowledge, impeccable services, and unrivaled technology to improve the healthcare system?
LogixHealth, located in Bedford, MA, provides physician-inspired services and technology that result in smarter healthcare. In order to attain our vision, we need the best and most inspired team members. We're looking for people with a high level of intellectual curiosity and drive who always ask 'why' and 'how can we do it smarter.'
Deliver education to clients related to their documentation to ensure a quality product. The position will enhance the scope of the educational and client feedback process and expand services of the Provider Education and Audit department to deliver an exceptional client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide education to clients via a variety of methods including conference calls, written documents for topics related to documentation and on site; prepare reports related to documentation improvement
- Monitor new client documentation and provide quality oversights of the product
- Educate Auditors as needed
- Special projects including
- Payer audit defense
- Work with coding operations on the overview of new go lives to ensure optimized documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Coding certification required (CPC, CCS, CPMA, etc.; specialty certification preferred -CEDC)
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
- 5-7 years Emergency Department coding and 3-5 years auditing experience required
- Experience with multiple types of medical records required
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to add, to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; this ability will encompass using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to analyze multiple types of documentation in order to provide educational opportunities to clients
- Ability to problem solve issues to determine pathway of response
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms