|Employer:||Pain Stop Clinics
|Skills:||HIM experience a plus,Clinical Coding,Auditing,ICD-10 CM Coding
|Specialties:||Interventional Pain, Pain Management, Chiropractic
|Preferred Certifications:||At least one of these credentials
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||3724 N. 3rd Street, Suite #301 Phoenix 85012, AZ, US
Expectation: At Pain Stop Clinics it is our passion to change our patients' live for the better through our brand of Responsible Pain Management. It is our expectation that every team member within our clinics share the same passion and drive to make a difference every day for those whom we are provided the opportunity to interact with and treat.
* This is not a remote position
* Required to work out of Pain Stop Clinics Corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona.
* Some local travel involved
- Reviews and analyzes health records to identify relevant diagnoses and procedures for distinct patient encounters.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, other healthcare professionals and staff to ensure that clinical information in the medical record is present and accurate so that the appropriate utilization, clinical severity, outcomes and quality is captured for the level of service rendered to all patients, as well as ensuring compliant reimbursement of patient care services.
- Remains aware of the continual changes in Federal and State regulations, keeps informed of changes in treatment modes and new procedures, and performs queries when clarification regarding documentation is needed.
**The following list of duties is not intended to be restrictive or all inclusive**
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among providers and staff to identify documentation opportunities that appropriately reflect severity of illness.
- Complete provider clarification queries per guidelines for instances in which documentation in the medical record is ambiguous, incomplete, or conflicting, and provide timely provider follow-up as needed.
- Recommend strategies for improving record keeping processes, attend meetings to present current clinical documentation trends, findings, and provide education on the impacts of clinical documentation.
- Applies knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures to properly evaluate clinical documents.
- Ensure all clinical documents are in compliance with federal laws in terms of composition.
- Analyzes medical information to assist healthcare staff in providing superior services for patients.
- Works with physician and clinic leadership to develop and monitor key performance indicators for clinical documentation.
- Prepares written reports for internal monitoring and compiles data for reporting.
- Meets with clinical staff and providers to explain reports.
- Conducts research and performs administrative duties.
- Takes continuing education courses and stays up-to-date on changes in laws governing clinical documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical coding experience in a hospital or physician practice environment with at least one of the following credentials: CDIS professional candidates must be credentialed as a CDEO, CDIP, CCDS, RHIT, CPC, or CCS and have experience in ICD-10 CM coding.
- HIM management experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be organized; able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to proactively educate providers.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and exhibit flexibility and enthusiasm in learning new information and developing new skills quickly.
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
Frequent sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to life at least 15 lbs. This job in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employer. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Employee must be able to perform the Essential Functions of this job without any accommodations.