Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Clinical Research
Compliance, the Clinical Research Billing (CRB) Compliance Auditor & Trainer is primarily responsible for the monitoring and auditing of clinical research billing activities at UCLA Health to help ensure compliance with applicable statutes, laws, rules, regulations and policies. In addition, this individual will assist in preparing and conducting educational and training programs related to clinical research billing compliance, and assist on preparing regular and ad hoc reports and/or dashboards on compliance
activities in support of clinical research billing functions.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 3+ years of experience in an academic medical center environment or equivalent setting with emphasis on clinical research operations
* Proficiency in clinical research billing and understanding of federal and state statutes, laws, rules, and regulations affecting the provision and reimbursement of healthcare services, particularly clinical research billing, grant funding, and management
* Proficiency in healthcare coding (CPT, ICD-9/ICD-10, DRG, HCPCS) in inpatient and outpatient settings; certification in CCRP or CHRC highly desired; if you do not have certification, you will be required to obtain certification within 18 months of hire
* Knowledge and understanding of the Medicare Clinical Trial Policy (CTP) and Medicare Coverage Analysis
* Working knowledge of clinical research processes
* Workin knowledge of sampling methodologies and statistical analyses and ability to conduct effective and accurate regulatory research and analysis
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.