|Employer:||Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital Network
|Required Certifications:||Current Coding Certification in ICD-10
|Preferred Certifications:||One year of Coding experience using ICD-10 in an inpatient acute care or inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting.
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||70 Butler St. Salem 03079, NH, US
To ensure timely collection of patient diagnostic information to accurately, code and enter information into hospital billing system(s) to enable patient billing process to occur and to generate patient/provider statistics.
Identify and assign / ICD -10 CM/PCS codes to principal and secondary diagnoses/procedures on all admission and discharge inpatient accounts. Abstract information into hospital and other required data bases upon inpatient admission or discharge. Provide discharge statistics as requested for case status or other internal research. Collect information to support hospital?wide and medical staff quality improvement processes. Work with clinical staff to assign appropriate codes to determine patient classification for compliance with PPS requirement.
1. Current Coding Certification in ICD-10 or test eligible within 1 year of hire.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease process.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in computer data entry and patient information abstracting systems.
4. One year of Coding experience using ICD-10 in an inpatient acute care or inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting.
5. Requires analytical thinking and strong decision making skills.
6. Familiar with working in Electronic Medical Record for review of documentation.
7. Communication skill to contact physicians and other healthcare professionals with questions about diagnosis, treatments or diagnostic tests.
8. Meet productivity standards.