|Employer:||MEDNAX Services, Inc.
|Location:||,Plano 75093, TX, US
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
We are looking for a Coder/Biller for an office practice of six pediatric general surgeons.
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the Coder/Biller is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of coding and billing to assure the revenue cycle is optimized. The Coder/Biller coordinates and participates in the coding and billing of pertinent medical information from a variety of complex records and coding edits to include diagnosis, treatment of illness and procedures performed while ensuring accuracy of work adherence to established coding procedures of ICD-CM (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT-4 (Current Procedural Terminology). Applications utilized are: Excel, Word, Outlook, Master Database, Encoder Pro and NextGen EPM.
- Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report physician services to third party payers.
- Interprets progress notes, operative reports, office procedures, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services.
- Enters appropriate data into NextGen Billing System by selecting the appropriate codes, diagnosis, modifiers, and surgeon information to complete the charge process.
- Gathers and verifies current demographic information through the hospital computer system and obtains correct Insurance/Medicaid information.
- Meets with physicians regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
- Responsible for reviewing patient logs and other reports of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
- Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for all coded charges.
- Utilizes batch-logging systems to comply with internal audit standards.
- Reviews all physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
- Works in conjunction with the practice, regional, and corporate coding department staff to answer all inquiries regarding coding and billing for physicians' services.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) designation required with current active status.
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- CPT/ICD-10 coding of physician services preferred.
- Surgical Coding experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of current third party billing and collection regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to gather and interpret data.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- This is an office based position; telecommuting is not an option.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pediatric Surgical Associates
7000 W. Plano Pkwy., Suite 200
Plano, TX 75093