|Employer:||Hematology & Oncology Associates of Northeastern PA, PC
|Skills:||Coding,customer service skills,interpersonal skills,computer skills
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
Reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the practicing providers are valid and complete. Accurately codes office and hospital procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. Provides education to the providers to ensure proper completion of Electronic Health Records and proper assignment of ICD-9-CDM and ICD-10-CDM, HCPCS and CPT codes.
• Supplies correct ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided.
• Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
• Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
• Receives and reviews hospital and clinic information to properly bill provider services.
• Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding information.
• Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
• Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
• Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
• Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges.
• Audits medical records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
• Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.