|Employer:||Texas Health Resources
|Location:|| Dallas 75243, TX, US
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Coder Lead to work Full-time in the Orthopedic Surgery Department at (Texas Health Physicians Group).
The address is (9250 Amberton Pkwy North Point Building II Dallas, TX 75243)
Salary range is Min. $25.49/hr to Max. $40.35/hr – based on relevant experience
Full-time 40 hours weekly, 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
Accurately abstracts information from the medical records assigns ICD-9/10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS level II codes in compliance with established guidelines. Provides codes to various departments upon request.
Serves as a subject matter expert, providing direction to less experienced staff. May assist with training, auditing, and/or reviewing productivity and quality rates under the leadership of department management.
Reviews supporting clinical documentation for hospital based services and procedures to ensure accurate code assignment in support of third party payer guidelines. Maintains documentation to record/track discrepancies.
Compares hospital charges posted against procedures coded and identifies any discrepancies. Notifies leadership of any discrepancies and collaborated to rectify the same.
Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required and
• Bachelor's Degree in a related filed is preferred.
• 5 years coding experience is required and *** 2 years' experience with coding for Orthopedic Surgery is preferred. ***
• Completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology or similar is required.
CPC - Certified Professional Coder is required upon hire or CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist - Physician-based is required upon hire and Other - specialty certification such as CGSC, COSC, CCC, etc. is required upon hire
**CGSC- Certified General Surgery Coder**
**COSC - Certified Orthopedic Coder**
**CCC- Certified Cardiology Coder**
**or specialty certification**
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
- Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
- 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
- A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
- A 2019 “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
You belong here, we invite you to join our award winning team. Apply online today!