|Employer:||Texas Health Resources
|Location:|| Dallas 75243, TX, US
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Coder Lead to work
Full-time in the Orthopedic Surgery Department at (Texas Health
The address is (9250 Amberton Pkwy North Point Building
II Dallas, TX 75243
Salary range is Min. $25.49/hr to
Max. $40.35/hr – based on relevant experience
Full-time 40 hours weekly,
8:00 am -4:30 pm Monday-Friday
- Accurately abstracts information from the medical records
assigns ICD-9/10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS level II codes in compliance
with established guidelines.
- Provides codes to various departments upon request.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing direction to less
- May assist with training, auditing, and/or reviewing
productivity and quality rates under the leadership of department
- Reviews supporting clinical documentation for hospital based
services and procedures to ensure accurate code assignment in
support of third party payer guidelines.
- Maintains documentation to record/track discrepancies.
- Compares hospital charges posted against procedures coded and
identifies any discrepancies.
- Notifies leadership of any discrepancies and collaborated to
rectify the same.
- Participates in special projects and completes other duties as
The ideal candidate will possess the following
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required and
- Bachelor's Degree in a related filed is preferred.
- 5 years coding experience is required and Completion of college
level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology or
similar is required.
- CPC - Certified Professional Coder is required
upon hire or
- CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist -
Physician-based is required upon hire and
- Other - specialty certification such as
CGSC, COSC, CCC, etc. is required upon hire
**CGSC- Certified General Surgery Coder**
**COSC - Certified Orthopedic Coder**
**CCC- Certified Cardiology Coder**
*** 5 years' experience with coding for
Orthopedic Surgery is preferred. ***
*** CPC or CCS-P and
COSC Certifications are required for this position upon
- Extensive understanding of health insurance and medical
- Knowledge of third party billing regulations, professional
operations, and third party payer requirements.
- Must be able communicate effectively.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational
- Must processes a strong work ethic and a high level of
- Must have proficient computer skills, with the ability to learn
internal application systems.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies
to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare '150 Great Places to Work in
Healthcare' (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by