At Cornerstone Medical Group (CMG) we hire and retain top rated employees. We offer competitive wages and an employee focused benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), retirement savings, and much, much more! Join our team and find out why CMG is the place to be!
The Cornerstone Medical Group Billing Department is located on Garfield between 19 Mile Rd and Hall Rd in Clinton Township.
Works closely with the billing team. Works with physicians, office staff, billing staff, and others to provide coding integrity and expertise for maximum appropriate reimbursement.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to unpaid claims that are coding related.
- Audit physician charts for validation of correct coding
- Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined by management.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Researches, interprets, and communicates CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, modifier, payor guidelines and regulations.
- Designs and conducts education and training programs, including physician/staff presentations, to provide information on most recent coding and documentation regulations/guidelines.
- Works with others to assure additions/deletions/updates to the fee schedule are complete and accurate.
- Serves on appropriate teams/committees as needed.
- Serves as a coding resource to the physicians, office staff, and billing staff to ensure proper coding.
- Prepares/reviews reports as necessary/appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements
The qualifications/requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
-COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Within scope of job, this position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced vocational training preferred.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OTHER: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other equivalent certification.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of work experience with progressively increased responsibilities preferred. Billing experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coding Evaluation and Management Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Providing Physician Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- RHIT (Preferred)
- Other Coding Certification (Preferred)
- CPC (Preferred)
- RMC (Preferred)