|Employer:||Yale New Haven Health
|Preferred Certifications:||AAPC ROCC preferred or completed within 18 months of hire
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| New Haven 06511, CT, US
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assigns codes to various conditions and procedures to ensure proper billing.
- Adheres to the 'I am YNHH' service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- Review Radiation therapy patient record documentation in Mosaiq to ensure orders and documentation are completed and approved in a timely manner, 2.1.Determines documentation and orders match prescription and services provided
- Determines and inputs appropriate ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes into ARIA and Mosaiq for all radiation therapy procedures, which includes treatment, clinic and physics' procedures. * Analyze radiation therapy patient records and validate that all charges are captured and correspond with physician orders, prescription and documentation. 3.1. Review and Export charges within 48 hours of receipt. 3.2. Independently research all coding problems, using all resources prior to seeking help from the manager.
- Posts all clinic and treatment charges within 24 hours of receipt. * Review radiation therapy EPIC charge work queues, confirming charges interfaced with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes. 4.1. Update Mosaiq patient record with appropriate ICD-10 code as needed 4.2. Review and resubmit charges from EPIC work queue within 48 hours of receipt
- Provides coverage for clinic and treatment area reception desks. * Team Alignment- Participates in Striving for Excellence work at the department level
- Actively contributes to all departmental activities that support a positive work environment. * Continually communicate with manager with information regarding non-compliance charges prior to exporting.
- Continually updates data in ARIA, Mosaiq and Epic Logician to ensure Yale-New Haven Hospital accurate demographic information. * Completes all projects assigned by the manager in a timely and accurate manner such as but not limited to: Charts audit
- Accurately complies daily statistics for monthly report and provide those reports to the manager no later than the 5th of the month.
- Provide analytic end of the month charge audit report such as but not limited to: un-reviewed/un-exported, monthly images analysis report.
High school diploma or GED REQUIRED, with additional up to date training in, ICD-10 and CPT-4 systems, supplemented by computer courses. Knowledge of medical terminology and extensive computer experience REQUIRED. Certified Professional Coder preferred.
Minimum of 1 to 3 years coding experience REQUIRED. Radiation Oncology coding experience/ or any other related Radiation Oncology experience preferred.
AAPC ROCC preferred or completed within 18 months of hire
In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Understanding of ICD - 10 and CPT-4 coding systems. Ability to exercise good judgment, attention to detail, independent logic; intermediate to advanced level computer data entry. Ability to train new and existing staff members in the application of the charge coding systems.