|Employer:||Tampa Family Health Centers
|Specialties:||Medical Billing and Coding
|Required Certifications:||CPC and CCA,RHIT or RHIA
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||302 West Fletcher Ave Tampa 33612, FL, US
- Assigns ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS to create
- Assigns Level II Quality codes for HEDIS
- Assists the Billing Department with claims
corrections and rejections
- Adheres to all HIPAA, TFHC, accreditation
and State and Federal rules and regulations
- Complete projects, as assigned, per the Coding
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values
- Translates medical terminology from
encounter notes and other data into ICD, CPT or HCPCS codes and creates claims.
- Contacts the provider to clarify
documentation, as needed, to assign the most applicable codes.
- Optimizes reimbursement by applying
third party payer knowledge.
- Interacts with all staff in a
- Other duties assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
Minimum (1) year experience in the medical coding or billing field. Knowledge of medical billing and insurance, including Medicaid and
Education, Certification Training and License:
High School diploma, or equivalent
Completion of a medical coding program
CPC credential from AAPC
CCA, RHIT or RHIA credential from AHIMA