|Employer:||Memorial Health System
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Required Certifications:||RHIT/RHIA or 6 months coding experience preferred or equivalent experience/knowledge required,Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||701 N First Street,Springfeild 62781, IL, US
This position embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily work, which includes the following:
- The Healthcare Coding Associate will code outpatient diagnostic medical records utilizing ICD-10-CM and CPT coding conventions.
- Employee will audit medical records to ensure specificity of diagnoses and procedures, to ensure appropriate and optimal third party reimbursement.
- The coder will apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing.
- All work is performed in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions as established by the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD10, CMS, AHIMA and Memorial Health System organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
- Under the direction of the Coding Manager, the Healthcare Coding Associate will perform all tasks and duties in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
This position is in a family-type environment, working together as a team. Everyone knows their responsibilities, but at the same time, all help each other. This is a fair work environment, allowing comfort in coming to the leaders. This is a great physical environment. You may eventually work remotely up to half time. This is independent work - simply doing coding, looking at a book or at a screen, indirectly helping the patients.
Requirements for this position include:
- High School Graduate required. Associate's degree or some post-secondary education desired
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA), RHIT/RHIA or 6 months coding experience preferred or equivalent experience/knowledge required
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of proper use of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding guidelines and principles
- Accredited training in Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy and Physiology required
- Knowledgeable of Admission, Utilization Review, Billing and Collection process
- Minimum typing skill of 40 WPM and/or 1 year CRT experience required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Word processing/computer application experience and knowledge desired
- Coding, health information management, physician medical office, registration or billing experience preferred