|Employer:||Fairview Health Services
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Saint Paul 55104, MN, US
|M Health Fairview is hiring a full time Coding Auditor Education - Acuity in Saint Paul, MN. Coding Acuity Auditor Educator is an advanced level position utilizing ICD-10-CM with a thorough focus on how to appropriately apply the official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines. They must have knowledge of the different models of risk adjustment and understand the financial impact of acuity.
The Acuity Auditor Educator role is highly professional and must be able to communicate at a high level to influence and promote change. The Acuity Auditor Educator prepares, presents and distributes accurate and timely acuity education to providers and operations staff around documentation opportunities and available reporting. Assists with training of new providers and supports ongoing acuity education.
Position supports acuity coding quality and population health and value-based care through post-review audits, data quality monitoring, identification of trends/patterns. The Acuity Auditor Educator effectively communicates improvements and collaborates to influence changes. Assures adherence to Fairview and regulatory coding guidelines to accurately abstract diagnosis codes. Uses quality control techniques to validate collected information. Assists manager with other duties as assigned.
Coding Acuity Auditor Educator will be required to also perform some routine coding functions when dependent on work-flow needs.
- Auditing provider documentation to determine improvement opportunities and providing individual feedback based on the opportunities identified.
- Performing targeted reviews of best practice alerts based on strategic initiatives or noted deficiencies.
- Supporting the development of new best practice alerts in Epic.
- Developing and presenting educational opportunities in various settings such as digitally or in-person. The educational opportunities may also have varying sizes of attendance.
- Collaborate with clinic leadership to achieve benchmark goals.
- Monitoring acuity reporting for target areas and high-risk populations to support a high capture rate.
- Serves as a contact person for provider questions regarding acuity coding and documentation.
- Reviews payer-initiated diagnosis code audits.
- Creates tip sheets and educational tools as requested.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and supports standard workflows.
- Maintains a knowledge of provider workflows in diagnosis selection in Epic, including an awareness to IMO.
- Query providers for additional documentation according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Audit and educate multidisciplinary team members, including providers, as it pertains to risk adjustment models and how those models apply to various specialties.
- Supports coder education around acuity and seeks opportunities to increase coder awareness.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing documentation improvements.
- Coordinates with provider leadership to share documentation best practice opportunities.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Certificate program in coding or associate degree in HIM or a certified coder with more than 3 years of coding experience
- May have experience in a variety of specialty coding areas and/or hold multiple credentials
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA),
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist-Professional (CCS-P)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- Other approved certified specialty credential
- Associate’s Degree in HIM
- 5+ years of coding related experience such as coding, abstracting, APC assignment, Data Quality in coding function type as required by position.
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) Must be obtained within 12 months from the hire date