|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||7250 Parkway Drive, Suite 500 Hanover 21076, MD, US
Adfinitas Health has an opportunity for an experienced, certified medical coder to join our team in an Educator role.
SUMMARY: Performs internal quality assessment reviews to ensure compliance with national coding guidelines, and the Company coding guidelines for complete, accurate and consistent coding which results in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity. Provide coder specific education/training based on the quality monitoring review findings and trends.
- Assist in the provision of an efficient and effective clinical coding system within the organization.
- Review all data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies and procedures and clinical medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current.
- Promote the role of the Coding Department in a positive manner, with both internal and external clients, ensuring new developments and initiatives are communicated to the Coding Department and senior management where appropriate.
- Work with clinicians/hospitals to ensure that sufficiently coded information is clearly provided.
- Assist in the development, maintenance of a long-term comprehensive, clinical auditing program. Assist in identifying accounts for coding quality reviews.
- Develop and implement policies to support the coding audit function.
- Identify training needs and development training presentations that meet those needs.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for audits and training.
- Prepare audit reports to Senior Management as required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum four (4) years coding/auditing experience.
- Must be CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- Additional coding certificates and experience highly desirable.
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on MS Office software programs to include PowerPoint etc…
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
ABOUT ADFINITAS HEALTH
Adfinitas Health is a privately held multi-specialty healthcare management company. Since 2007, hospitals, health systems and post-acute facilities have trusted that we’ll take superb care of their patients. Our skilled providers become an integral part of your hospitalist or post-acute care teams, bringing our responsive service, focus on quality, and innovative programs to deliver value to you and your patients each and every day.
Our comprehensive approach to care, which enhances coordination between hospital and post-acute partners, translates to higher patient satisfaction and better patient outcomes through transitions in care.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
We offer a supportive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Opportunities for leadership and growth
- A caring, employee-focused culture
- Flexible schedules
- A competitive salary
- Generous paid time-off, health and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) and retirement planning
- Adfinitas Health is an EEO employer