|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Kalamazoo 49048, MI, US
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned staff in performing activities or tasks relating to patient billing services.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Is responsible for education of all physician and midlevel providers regarding coding compliance standards set forth by Federal or State, accrediting bodies and third party requirements.
- This position will be responsible for carrying out the standards established by the Ascension Health Corporate Responsibilities Program as it relates to professional coding and the Borgess Medical Group Coding and Data Integrity Audit Compliance Program.
- This position will be responsible for reviewing the results of periodic coding audits in face-to-face meetings with providers in a timely and effective manner for all employed and contracted providers whose services are billed by Borgess-owned provider practices.
- Ensures that providers have the understanding and tools necessary for appropriate evaluation & management, procedure and diagnosis documentation.
- Will ensure accurate reporting of services for appropriate reimbursement and supports corporate compliance.
- The education and audit reviews will cover a wide spectrum of specialties performing professional services in many different settings such as inpatient facility, outpatient facility, physician offices and nursing homes.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Professional Coder obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Healthcare Compliance.
- Associate's Degree required or Minimum of 3 years professional coding experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree. Prefer experience with a large multi-specialty organization.
- Minimum of 1 year in coding education preferred.
- HCC/risk adjustment experience preferred.