|Required Certifications:||CRC,or RHIT.,RHIA,CCS,CPC
|Preferred Certifications:||CHC preferred.
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Winston-Salem 27023, NC, US
The Coding Compliance Liaison is responsible for developing and delivering documentation, coding, and billing education to Novant Health Physician Network clinics and clinicians; assisting with facilitation of the Coding Compliance Resource Group (CCRG) and various compliance committees. Also conducting special request documentation reviews (ex., new affiliation due diligence, revenue integrity, off-cycle audits); completing data mining to identify, track, and trend outliers and changes in billing patterns; and assisting with documentation reviews for government audit requests.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of 'First Do No Harm.'
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree (MBA, MHA, JD, other Master’s Degree in relevant field) preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five years coding experience in a healthcare environment required. Minimum three years providing direct feedback to clinicians required.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration: CPC, CCS, CRC, RHIA, or RHIT (If no CRC certification, required within 6 months of hire) required. CHC preferred.
- Additional Skills/Requirements required: The Coding Compliance Liaison has: Intermediate to advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding internal controls, and understanding operations as they interface with the area of expertise; intermediate to advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding clinical documentation, coding, and billing. Intermediate to advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding analytical skills, listening, and writing. Intermediate to advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding presenting. Intermediate to advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding researching regulations and standards, reimbursement protocols, and compliance program requirements; and ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.