|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||Lincoln, AA* Note: This listing is for a remote position
The Coding Coordinator is responsible for coordinating resolution of assigned complex coding denials, and questions related to claims coding for ALN clients. The Coordinator will perform auditing of offshore coding for quality assurance and education. Collaboration with assigned client/RCM teams, providing education on coding denial trends and/or opportunities for coding improvement and documentation requirements.
The Coding Coordinator will also perform provider audits, document findings and share outcome results and recommendations to the client and provider in conjunction with the ALN Coding Educator and Supervisor.
The Coding Coordinator will also create presentations, develop learning material, and provide feedback to internal and external customers on denials and coding improvements.
Responsibilities to include:
- Adheres to ALN’s Coding Code of Conduct Policy.
- Maintains knowledge of ICD10 and CPT classifications and coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of clinical documentation to help ensure the use of proper diagnostic and procedure code assignments.
- Monitors coding work and trends, providing education where opportunities are identified. Able to apply policies and procedures on documentation and coding consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Monitors payer policies based upon client’s region. Applies specific payer policies and procedures with documentation and coding as required.
- Ability to work independently, making appropriate clinical decisions for assigned client coding denial work queues. Understand the impact to the provider and client while maintaining compliance.
- Responsible for quality monitoring audits for offshore coding for assigned clients and education
- Coordinates coding guidance to billing team, offshore and clients working closely with the Coding Supervisor and Coding Educator.
- Performs and prepares audit results and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: Associate Degree in Health Information Management or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple physician specialty coding as normally obtained through 3-5 years of current and progressive coding experience
- Coding Certification: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of CCI edits, NCDs/LCDs and be able to accurately apply knowledge to coding
- Excellent time management and attention to detail are critical
- Ability to research answers that are not readily available
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in team environments
- Ability to articulate communicate and coordinate education to achieve highest results
- Computer savvy with Microsoft Suite Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Experience with Athena Centricity Practice Management is a plus, as well as other physician-based PM systems
- Thrives in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Actively supports change
- Inspires respect and trust
- Company Events
- Casual Dress
- Free Coffee and Snacks
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Health, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Holidays and Volunteer Hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Wellness Program