|Required Certifications:||Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Nurse (RN) preferred. Coding area: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred.,HIM and Clinical Documentation Improvement areas: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
Provides decision support, organizational planning and operational leadership. Develops and implements relevant systems and business processes resulting in efficient and timely reimbursement, billing, collection and HIM/CDI practices.
This is a great Management opportunity for an experienced leader with Certified Professional Coding certification. This position will oversee our newly formed Coding Denials team. Located at our Business Operations Center in Independence, Ohio - no downtown commute and free, unlimited parking!
- Provides management supervision and operational direction for assigned Revenue Cycle Management department(s).
- Leads relevant software applications.
- Participates with leadership in developing budget, salary administration, equipment purchases and establishment of annual goals and objectives.
- Communicates Cleveland Clinic performance expectations of Patients First and supports corporate goals for revenue cycle management.
- Ensures consistent implementation of Cleveland Clinic corporate financial and Revenue Cycle Management policies and procedures.
- Participates in oversight of operations and system upgrades, integrity, and/or conversion.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations governing rendered patient services and reimbursement.
- Ensures required communication to various CCHS and hospital leadership, clinical practices, Administrators and Divisional Chairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Knowledge of third party hospital billing, contractual and compliance regulations, hospital billing practices, HIM processes, along with a demonstrated understanding of automated processes, electronic data interchange and associated operational processes is preferred.
- Master's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, HIM or other applicable field is preferred.
- HIM and Clinical Documentation Improvement areas: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
- Coding area: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred.
- For this Denials department position CPC certification strongly preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in a hospital or multi-hospital system.
- Five years of successful Revenue Cycle Management experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to navigate various locations and function in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Keywords: Coding denials manager, CPC certification, Denials manager, Department Manager Denials, Coding Denials team Manager, RCM, Revenue Cycle Management, Certified Professional Coder, CPC.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities