Full Time Remote: Monday through Friday, occasional weekend coverage. Available during the hours of 7am-5pmCST.
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Remote Lead, Coding Education and Training will be responsible for will be responsible for developing and facilitating the coding education program for Shared Services coders (Inpatient and Outpatient).
This person will administer training plans on an individual and group basis, work with quality assurance and compliance teams to determine training needed, maintain and monitor training plans for the staff and keep training material updated, relevant and engaging.
In this role, the successful candidate will be educating new and existing coders ensuring compliant coding. Training and education to include ICD, CPT, HCPCS, IPPS, OPPS, APC, DRG and other relevant state and federal laws and regulations. This person will promote correct coding guidelines and coding initiatives to ensure standardization throughout the organization. This position will report to the Manager of Education and Training.
- Administer, implement and update the overall coding (Inpatient and Outpatient) education program for Shared Services coders.
- Actively works with the Director of Strategic Coding Operations, Senior Director of Coding Quality Management and the Vice President of Coding and Billing Compliance & Audit (and/or other members of those teams) to identify areas where focused education may be needed for all production coders and subsequently develops the curriculum and plan for educating all coders.
- Administers curriculum for coders to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for competency.
- Administers curriculum for newly hired coders to ensure proficiency and quality meets company standards.
- Provides "real world" coding experience for all coders prior to releasing any coder for production work.
- Tracks and manages CEU and credentialing of all R1 coding associates
- Maintains knowledge of all current coding regulatory guidelines and governmental updates and communicates those changes to current staff and leadership to support appropriate, compliant coding.
- Maintains training collateral across multiple multimedia forums so that information is organized, highly presentable and updated.
- Provides constructive review and feedback to assist in the development of instructional materials to include course plans, objectives, and evaluation tools.
- Minimum of two years of experience in auditing or higher-level coding leadership/ management.
- Minimum of four years of experience in production coding.
- CCS and either RHIA or RHIT (CPC may be considered).
- Ability to interact with other employees through effective communication.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver and teach complex coding concepts to large groups of coders.
- Soft skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10 Trainer.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Previous teaching experience.
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package.