|Employer:||Lexington Medical Center
|Required Certifications:||CPMA,CCS-P,CCS,CPC,COC,or RHIT,RHIA
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| West Columbia 29169, SC, US
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, 'Summit Award' from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, 'Consumer Choice Award' from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
***This is a fully remote position, however, the candidate must reside in the state of South Carolina.***
Perform coding audits to determine that all coding and billing remains compliant and meets all federal and state guidelines (i.e. Medicare/ Medicaid). Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of provider and coder education. Functions as a coding and documentation resource for the LMC Physician Network.
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information, Business, or a related field
• Minimum Years of Experience: 3 Years of coding experience
• Substitutable Education & Experience: A Bachelor's Degree can be substituted for one of the following combinations: High School Diploma with 3 years of additional experience; Associate's Degree with 1 year of additional experience.
• Required Certifications/Licensure: Must have one of the following: CPC, CPMA, COC, CCS-P, CCS, RHIA, RHIT or other specialty credential with Director approval; Must have experience working with CPT, ICD diagnosis coding, E/M Documentation Guidelines (1995/1997), CCI edits, Medicare LCDs and NCDs, state and federal regulations as well as payor billing requirements; Must be computer literate. Must have experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel). Experience with electronic health records software required.
• Required Training: None
• Treat patients, fellow employees and all individuals met while representing Lexington Medical Center with courtesy and respect, in keeping with the LMC vision.
• Review claims generated by LMC owned physicians and coders for adherence to established coding guidelines supported by adequate documentation.
• Utilize chart audit software to analyze audit results, identifying physicians and coders coding outside of established norms.
• Report results of audit findings to the Director of Professional Coding and appropriate Physician Practice Directors, Office Managers and Compliance as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Directly educate physicians and staff as requested, advising them on appropriate coding for billing purposes.
• Prepare or facilitate educational programs for physicians and coders regarding the best coding methodologies.
• Works as a team with physicians, coding staff and other personnel to ensure proper and accurate code assignment and continuous quality improvement.
• Identifies charge capture opportunities and assists with implementation of coding and billing processes.
• Adheres to all District policies.
• Must keep license or Coding Degree Current (Continuing education per approval of Director of Coding).
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
• Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
• Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
• Supplemental 401(k)
• 457(b) retirement plans
• Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
• Adoption assistance
• 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
• LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
• 529 College Savings
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan forgiveness