|Employer:||Licking Memorial Health Systems (30 minutes east of Columbus, OH)
|Location:||1320 W. Main St. Newark 43055, OH, US
Under general direction of the Director of Revenue Cycle, responsible for planning, organizing and directing coding and clinical documentation oversight activities of the revenue cycle including coding and clinical data quality.
- Ensure coding policies and procedures are accurate, and in accordance with applicable official coding guidelines or other regulatory guidance.
- Ensure coding staffing and process positively support the revenue cycle to minimize days in accounts receivable without compromising quality.
- Monitor relationship of coding practices to outside evaluations (HospitalCompare, Healthgrades, etc) based upon Medpar and other data sets resulting from coding process.
- Collaborate with the clinical documentation specialists to coordinate with coding.
- Collaborate with Case Management, Physicians, and HI staff in promoting clinical data quality practices.
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate performance of coding and clinical documentation staff.
- Assure annual DRG refinement reporting occurs, analyze data. Assure trauma registry or other required reporting to the state occurs.
- Participate in collaborative projects with compliance and fiscal leadership to coordinate and facilitate revenue cycle efficiencies and improvements
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in coding practices and revenue cycle management as evidenced by industry credentials such as RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with inpatient coding
- 5-7 Years progressively more responsible experience and demonstrated knowledge of coding and revenue cycle management.
- Previous supervisory experience and self-directed work habits.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors protected by law.