|Employer:||APS Medical Billing
|Specialties:||surgical and anatomical pathology,radiology
|Required Certifications:||CCS,RHIA or RHIT,CPC,CCS-P
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
The Coding Manager works closely with the Director and Supervisor(s).
This person provides leadership and accountability through planning and coordinating processes and functions of the department to ensure department goals are established and met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies and recommends documentation improvements to increase accuracy and charge capture and reduce audit liability
• Identifies process flow inefficiencies and makes recommendations
• Ensures the department goals are met
• Analyzes and interprets data and provides recommendations
• Determines staffing needs and participates in interviewing, hiring, training and disciplinary action
• Ensures compliance with policies and regulatory requirements
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
• A current, nationally recognized coding credential: CPC, CCS, CCS-P, RHIA or RHIT
• Knowledge of coding conventions (CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS), CMS policy requirements, LCDs/NCDs and industry quality and billing matters.
• At least three years of management and leadership experience
Competitive wages; benefit package and 401(k). APS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.