|Employer:||Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
This position will report the Director of Compliance and Risk Management. Under general supervision, this candidate will review, analyze and assure regulatory compliance with regard to proper documentation and coding by the practice providers. Assist in providing education to the providers to ensure proper use of the Electronic Health Record and to ensure compliance measures are met. ___
• Qualitative analysis: Audit medical records documentation to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations based on the Compliance Department’s Yearly Work Plan.
• Determine that provider final documentation is appropriate and the coding & documentation is valid and complete.
• Prepare reports of findings and work closely with the Compliance Manager to assist with communication, interaction and education to providers.
• Maintain accurate documentation to support findings and report to the Compliance Manager.
• Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance Policies and Code of Conduct.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and information security.
• Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in this Job Description.___
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma
• Medical Coding Certificate (CPC) – Preferably in Dermatology
• Detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating medical information to practitioners and staff
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience using ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCs
• Strong computer competency ___
• Detailed knowledge of medical coding systems
• Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
• Principles, practices and methods of current coding certificate required
• Knowledge of billing practices and medical records (EHR) required
• Extensive knowledge of coding rules established by the AMA and CMS
• Good math skills and communication skills