This position is located at 850 Boylston Chestnut Hill, MA.
GENERAL SUMMARY AND OVERVIEW STATEMENT: Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Coding Specialist will be responsible for coding all identified endoscopy procedures for the Endoscopy Centers. Responsible for reviewing all coding done by providers to ensure that coding is accurate and maximum revenue is recognized. Will assist with training the Endoscopy providers on any coding issues. Training will include tips for accurate and complete documentation of patient encounters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurately coding all procedures identified by the Endoscopy department as requiring additional review.
- Must be well versed in Evaluation and Management (E/M) leveling
- Code (CPT and ICD-10) procedures with at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Responsible for reviewing all providers coding to ensure accuracy and maximization of revenue.
- Responsible for tracking coding issues by provider and providing necessary training to improve coding.
- Under supervision, responsible for follow-up with providers post coding training sessions.
- Under supervision, responsible for reporting and resolving any and all billing issues discovered during provider audits.
- Utilize information systems to maximize efficiency. This includes using Epic, ICM, and other database systems to process accurate medical billing and obtain accurate demographic information on patients.
- Keeps informed of third-party regulations in billing/reimbursement.
- Handles special projects as assigned by the Administrative Director.
- Supports prior authorization and other approval activities as needed for endoscopy cases.
- Supports submission of charges through Epic and ICM systems.
- Maintenance of confidentiality is essential for this position.
- Participates in continuing education programs to ensure that coding knowledge remains current.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2 years of ICD-10 and CPT Coding required with a strong emphasis on surgical coding
- CPC, CCS-P or CCS certification is required; CPC-A will be considered
- Experience in health care setting with knowledge of 3rd party payers and billing requirements in GI/Endoscopy, preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to present findings and discuss issues with providers confidently and effectively
- Accuracy with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Proficient written and oral communicator
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines
- In depth understanding of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with common office equipment