|Employer:||US Anesthesia Partners
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||851 Trafalgar Ct. Ste 200,Maitland 32751, FL, US
U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team, you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
The Coding Specialist is a qualified coding resource, who has completed an accredited coding education class and holds an active coding credential from AHIMA or AAPC. The Coding Specialist has full knowledge and training in CPT, ICD, HCPCS coding rules and guidelines.
This position will assist in quality analysis for anesthesia coding daily, as well as correct any coding edits and denials, research coding compliance questions as needed, and assist in all aspects of medical coding for Anesthesia as needed and reports to the Coding Manager for Anesthesia Services.
* On-site Position, must be willing to commute to our Maitland, Florida Office daily*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Codes Anesthesia tickets for Commercial and Government carriers.
- Reviews CPT, ICD-10, ASA and HCPCS coding on charge tickets.
- Reviews anesthesia records for supporting documentation for charge tickets.
- Reviews medical records for supporting documentation for charge tickets.
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to coding edits and denials for all payers.
- Review all incomplete or inaccurate charge tickets that are sent back from the billers for additional information and make necessary corrections.
- Identify cosmetic and/or prepaid cases and ensure two tickets are created, one for insurance and one for patient responsibility, self-pay, and pre-pay.
- Communicates issues and questions to management when appropriate.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, ASA and HCPCS coding.
- Background in Medical Terminology required.
- Background in Anatomy and Physiology required.
- Must have analytical approach to resolving coding edits and denials.
- Must have a basic understanding of the full revenue cycle for anesthesia coding.
- Must maintain quality and production standards as outlined by Coding department.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
- Skill in computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information and research payer guidelines to access why claims are being denied.
- Ability to work effectively with Charge Entry and AR teams to make any necessary coding corrections to claims.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must report to work consistently, on time, and for expected duration.
- Communicate well with the public
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Formal training in Coding with certificate of completion in good standing.
- CPC certification is required.
- Previous medical billing/coding experience is required
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.