|Skills:||HCC Coding,ICD-10,E&M Coding,Strong Organizational,Prioritization and Time Managment Skills,Strong Verball,Listening and Written Communication is a must
|Specialties:||Family Practice, Primary Care
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||Oklahoma City, OK
The Coding Specialist has knowledge of third party billing procedures across a variety of payer systems and has specific expertise in ICD-10, CPT and HCC coding in an outpatient practice environment. He or she will also have knowledge of E&M coding and can conduct chart reviews using current coding E&M Guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
• Perform daily chart documentation and coding reviews for each billable encounter for the physicians.
• Assist with reviews of billing from reference labs and other sources.
• Keep current with coding changes and communicate all changes to staff.
• Instructs and updates doctors with coding procedures and changes.
• Acting as a resource for staff who have questions about coding.
• Writing a monthly coding Newsletter for the physicians and staff.
• Coordinate chart audits and queries and provide feedback to the doctors and Finance Department.
• Training physicians and billing staff on basic coding principles.
• Performs other duties as assigned