|Required Certifications:||RHIT,or COC),AHIMA or AAPC credential (RHIA,CCS,CPC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
The HIM Coding Specialist will handle medical coding and data entry / abstraction for various types of Hospital visits (Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory, Surgery, Emergency and Special Procedures). Below is a summary of duties and responsibilities.
- Correctly assign ICD-9-CM primary and secondary diagnoses and procedure codes based upon documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign modifiers to charge master items and coder assigned CPT codes, as appropriate
- Correctly assign CPT codes to outpatient procedures consistent with client contract and documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign E&M levels on ER facility and professional fees
- Create compliant physician queries
- Correctly and compliantly review claims for medical necessity
- Update problem list consistent with client contract
- Correctly assign present on admission indicators
- Correctly and compliantly select DRG
- Provide excellent customer service
• 7 years coding experience required
• Auditing and Training experience Preferred. Skilled in coding all patient types is preferred.
• 2 years coding experience required
Part time - Inpatient Coding Specialist
- 2 years experience coding inpatient accounts in an Acute Care setting
Surgery / Observation Coder
- 2 years coding experience required
All Coding Positions require:
- Coding Credential Required: AHIMA or AAPC credential (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC, or COC)
- Full-Time & Part - time Remote/ Work from home position
- Base download/upload internet speed of at least 5Mbps SATELLITE/HOT SPOT INTERNET IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
- Earn Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending or Healthcare Savings Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
Don’t miss this opportunity to start your career with TruBridge! Apply today!