Location Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Employment Type: Full-time; 40hrs/week
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in people’s lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful, diverse community? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it, regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak or what your health is, because everyone deserves great care.
The Coding Specialist is responsible to review, analyze and correct coding of diagnostic and procedural information based on provider documentation to adhere to coding and compliance standards.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Perform comprehensive review of patient records to assure appropriate CPT and ICD10 coding of medical record prior to billing to payers.
• Provide feed back and communicate with provider and clinic staff to obtain incomplete or missing information needed to process accurate and complete claims.
• Communicate with Claims Processing Specialist(s) and Coder/Analyst(s) to organize daily workload to achieve efficiency with claim submission.
• Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
• Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
• Completion of coding program and certification CPC or equivalent. Six (6) months billing experience preferred.
• Must possess an active coding certification (CPC or equivalent). OR, successfully complete coding certification within 9 months of date of hire
• Intermediate level of Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof at time of offer.
If you have the following it’s a plus:
• Six (6) months FQHC billing experience preferred
HealthPoint is committed to offering all employees a competitive compensation, benefits and several other perks.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous PTO Plan
• Paid Holidays & Opportunity Time Off (extend time off for staff to invest in themselves)
• Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Voluntary plans at a discount, such as life insurance and identity theft insurance
• Third Party Perks Discounted Movie Tickets, Travel, Hotels, and more
• Growth Opportunities
To learn more about HealthPoint, go to www.healthpointchc.org!
It is the policy of HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical, or metal disability, genetic information, gender identity or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.