|Specialties:||FQHC billing experience preferred
|Required Certifications:||CPC or equivalent
|Location:||955 Powell Ave SW Renton 98057-290, WA, US
The Coding Specialist is responsible to review, analyze and correct coding of diagnostic and procedural information based on provider documentation to adhere to coding and compliance standards.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Perform comprehensive review of patient records to assure appropriate CPT and ICD10 coding of medical record prior to billing to payers.
- Provide feed back and communicate with provider and clinic staff to obtain incomplete or missing information needed to process accurate and complete claims.
- Communicate with Claims Processing Specialist(s) and Coder/Analyst(s) to organize daily workload to achieve efficiency with claim submission.
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
- Completion of coding program and certification CPC or equivalent. Six (6) months billing experience preferred.
- Must possess an active coding certification (CPC or equivalent)
- Intermediate level of Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Proof of immunizations and/or immunity to: COVID-19, MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Varicella, Annual Influenza, and TB are required for all employees. Additionally, if you work in a HealthPoint clinic, Hepatitis B. and Tdap (within last 10 years) are required. All immunizations are a condition of employment. Upon hire, employees must provide proof of their immunizations and/or immunity prior to starting or no later than their fifth (5) business day of employment.
HealthPoint is committed to offering all employees a competitive compensation, benefits and several other perks.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous PTO Plan
- Paid Holidays & Opportunity Time Off (extend time off for staff to invest in themselves)
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Voluntary plans at a discount, such as life insurance and identity theft insurance
- Third Party Perks Discounted Movie Tickets, Travel, Hotels, and more
- Growth Opportunities