* Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report physician services to third party payers.
* Interprets progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services.
* Contacts physicians through management regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
* Responsible for reviewing patient logs and other report of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
* Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
* Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for all coded charges.
* Utilizes batch-logging systems to comply with internal audit standards.
* Reviews all physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
* Works in conjunction with the Reimbursement staff to answer all inquiries regarding coding and billing for physicians’ services.
* Works in coordination with other members of the Physicians’ Billing Office as necessary.
* Meets and exceeds short and long term goals as established for the department.
* Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department.
* Reports to work, meetings and professional obligations on time.
* Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
* Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department’s efficiency and services performed.
* Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
* Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Adheres to MEDNAX, Department and HR policies and procedures.
Coding Certification by a nationally recognized coding and accreditation program that requires CEU submission for renewal, preferably CPC or CCS, is required for this position, clinical background; or minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Eligible for $750 sign on bonus.
* This position will be based in-office