Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk); 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday - Friday. No holidays or weekends. Potential for partial work from home once trained.
**This position will be an Anesthesia Coder.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a resource to Practices for coding issues and compliance, while adhering to official coding guidelines, for the purpose of assuring accuracy when billing insurance carriers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Act as coding resource for Practices and Patient Business/Financial Services and assist with coding-related issues.
• Prepare and present specific coding education as required.
• Review medical records for coding accuracy.
• Optimize revenue through utilization of most appropriate coding methods, following regulatory and insurance guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Formal education in ICD-10-CM coding, CPT-4 coding, and medical terminology.
• Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through AHIMA (American Health Information Association), or certified by AAPC (American Association Professional Coders) with certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC). If not certified, coding certification is required within (3) years of employment
• Three (3) to five (5) years of ICD-9-CM coding experience
• Three (3) to five (5) years of CPT-4 coding experience
• One (1) year experience with Physician Office billing software
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with physician office billing
• Anesthesia coding experience is highly preferred.