Coding Specialist, Urology, 100% REMOTE
Urology Coding Experience Required!
Reviews, accurately assigns, and abstracts diagnostic and procedural codes to encounters using designated coding classification independently. Supports on-going training and development of staff.
• Organizes and prioritizes complex coding work to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and hospital targets.
• Assigns the most appropriate diagnosis and procedures to reflect the utilization of resources during the patient encounter.
• Recognizes documentation clarification opportunities to ensure it supports all codes and designation assignments. Initiates coding queries or tasks.
• Serves as a clinical coding subject matter expert.
• High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experience
• Must have one of the following coding certs: RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CCS, COC, CPC-H, CCS-P
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning, and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.