Xtend Healthcare, LLC, is located just 20 miles north of Nashville, Tennessee, Xtend provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements.
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient which is the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Coding Supervisor who will be responsible for leading a team of coders for five to ten projects that provides physician (provider) coding and auditing. Must have the ability to accurately audit and code (ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS, Level I & II modifiers) all of the following service types: facility inpatient, emergency room, outpatient surgery, observation, ancillary, recurring therapy, clinic, professional, and billing/coding edit resolution. Will be working with multiple facility specific, state billing and coding guidelines as well as various Medicare Administrative Contractors nation-wide.
1. Personnel Management:
- Hiring, orientation, and training coders
- Leading coding auditors on completion of daily work tasks
- Evaluating performance and carrying out improvement activities
2. Project Work:
- Reviews staff audit reports and summaries to ensure appropriateness
- Professional or Facility coding
- Acts as a back up to coding staff for clients as needed
3. Record Keeping:
- Completion of staff productivity and scoring
- Completion of Time Allocation reports daily and bi-weekly
- Completion of Masterlog of accounts coded daily
- Identifies trends and reports to Coding director
- Identifies educational webinars/documentation for staff
- Identifies staff who do not meet productivity of 85% weekly
5. Customer Service:
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries
- Client liaison to report accuracy to clients as requested
|Requirements|| High School Diploma or equalivant.|
- Ten or more years of experience with coding and/or billing in health care revenue cycle. This should include hospital and physician practice.
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Navient is a drug free workplace.