|Job Location:||Partial Remote
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||164 N. Broadway Green Bay 54303, WI, US
BayCare Clinic is looking for a Coding Supervisor that will be responsible for all aspects of the daily activities within their assigned Coding team of 15-20 professional Coding Specialists. Our Coding department supports our multispecialty clinic. This individual must work collaboratively with all departments across the organization to include the clinic practice sites. Our Coding team currently works remotely, as a supervisor this individual may have on-site meetings or commitments on occasion.
• Assigns, directs, and supervises the daily activities of staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Communicates priorities.
• Schedules and monitors tasks/projects.
• Monitors daily inventory and adjusts workload assignments as needed.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating performance and productivity of staff.
• Responsible for staff development.
• Responsible for meeting performance requirements and goals.
• Respects and maintains confidentiality.
• Works in a safe, compliant, and ethical manner at all times.
• Acts as coach and counselor to guide staff relative to performance improvement measures.
• Facilitates change as necessary within department.
• Ensures team compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Develops, documents, and implements projects as required to improve workflow efficiencies.
Description of Duties:
• A minimum of a coding certificate from a technical college. A 2 or 4-year degree is preferred.
• Five years experience as a medical coder is desired.
• Two to three years supervisory experience, preferably in a healthcare field.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of insurance principles preferred.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
• Computer and keyboard skills, to include Office application skills.