|Employer:||Pinehurst Medical Clinic
|Specialties:||Outpatient Physician Office
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||205 Page Rd Pinehurst 28374, NC, US
Supervisor supervises the work of inpatient coding, inpatient
registration and laboratory interface billing staff to ensure that
charges are accurately posted to the patient accounts in a timely
manner. Monitors work flow of these departments, assists with tasks and
reassigns duties as needed to ensure the departments function
efficiently. Maintains current knowledge of coding conventions,
guidelines, updates and regulations for government and third party
billing to ensure that inpatient coding department and laboratory
interface billing staff are compliant with regulatory guidelines and
audit standards. Communicates billing or coding issues to the Coding
Compliance manager and works with her for resolution of problems.
Supervise and monitor workflow of inpatient coding, registration and
laboratory interface billing staff to ensure accurate and timely posting
of charges. Supervises inpatient registration staff to ensure timely
and accurate registration of hospital patients.
• Assists inpatient
coding, inpatient registration and laboratory interface billing staff
and other staff outside of her department in resolving issues that arise
with daily operations.
• Supervise the work of the inpatient coding
and laboratory billing team to ensure adherence to quality standards,
deadlines, proper coding/billing procedures, correcting errors and or
• Maintains knowledge of current billing rules and
regulations for multiple specialties and trains staff members to
understand coding rules and the billing processes.
• Reviews all
charges from multiple locations for accuracy, assigns/reviews CPT codes,
and diagnosis codes and assigns modifiers when applicable to charges.
Responsible for overseeing the charge capture process, which involves
reviewing missing ticket report for PMC and CAR databases, reconciling
monthly heart catheterizations report and CT/SPECT study reports that
are generated by MRH.
• Processes sleep studies weekly performed at PMC, Sanford and Fayetteville sleep centers utilizing Allscripts system.
Works assigned scrub queue for both government payers and private
payers, making any needed corrections, resubmissions, or appeals to
provide relevant information to payers to facilitate reimbursement.
Oversees staff members’ queues and provides guidance and direction in
handling difficult and complex coding and billing questions that arise
from claim denials in the queues.
• Discusses job performance with staff members and works with them to resolve any identified issues and mentors staff.
• Oversees ADP processes for inpatient coding, inpatient registration and laboratory interface billing departments.
• Communicates inpatient coding updates to physicians, midlevel providers and team members.
• Attends various meetings and professional development programs as requested and needed to maintain coding certification.
Works close with the Coding Compliance Manager to identify coding
changes and problems that affect both compliance and reimbursement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (Including Licenses and Certifications):
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates degree preferred.
• Current certified coding certification through AAPC or AHIMA required.Experience:
• 3-5 years of working in coding required.
• Supervisory experience in a coding department preferred.