|Specialties:||radiology experience is a plus
|Location:||1150 Pittsford-Victor Road Pittsford 14534, AA, US
Working in a team environment to support our billing and coding department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches the various RIS systems for medical necessity, drugs, orders, ABN's and other information needed.
- Contacts imaging centers and or hospitals when addendums or information is needed to accurately code an exam.
- Researches and resolves reports in the Transcription and Need Report queues.
- Emails Charge Corrections spreadsheets weekly.
- Emails PET contact questions from the coders.
- Reports issues, trends and/or problems to their Supervisor timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Proficient with using Word and Excel.
- Provide clear written and verbal communication.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a high school diploma or equivalent and two to four years experience in a medical billing environment. Must be able pass the Super Coder exam. CPC-A, CPC credential preferred.