|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Certifications:||Certified Coder
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||6240 Shiloh Road Alpharetta 30005, GA, US
Bako Integrated Physician Solutions
Job Code: Title: Compliance Analyst
Revised: Department: Administration / Compliance
FLSA Status: Reports to: CCO
Responsible for the performance of regularly scheduled and targeted audits, to include billing, coding, and walk-around HIPAA assessments.
Serve as liaison between Client Office Laboratories and Bako.
Assist as needed with various compliance and quality initiatives.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
1. Bachelor's degree in business, science, or related field. Professional experience and/or training may be
substituted for education.
2. Basic understanding of pathology lab and billing operations. Coding experience preferred or the ability
to be trained on proper coding for pathology tests.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Ability to work with others as well as independently.
5. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure/Certifications)
Bachelor's degree in business, science, or related field. Professional experience and/or training may be substituted for education. Certified Coder, and CHC, or the willingness to attain these certifications shortly after hire.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interacts with physicians, employees and clients in a positive manner consistent with the mission and values of Bako Integrated Physician Solutions.
2. Regularly scheduled billing audits will consist of a sample size review quarterly. Requisitions, Reports, and CMS 1500 forms will be reviewed to ensure accuracy of coding and billing.
3. Covid-19 daily report submissions to state health departments that Bako does not have an electronic means in place to submit required reporting.
4. Documentation of Potential PHI Breaches. Investigation of potential breaches, and follow-through to notifying affected patients and OCR of Reportable Breaches.
5. Walk-Around HIPAA Assessments to ensure documents and other materials are managed and stored properly.
6. Partner with departments to implement processes and environments that improve privacy and security of patient information within each department.
7. Oversight and sometimes live training sessions for Annual Compliance Training. Also ad-hoc training sessions with designated staff if a knowledge gap is identified.
8. Oversight and creation of various agreements with clients and speakers.
9. Various other duties within Compliance functions as assigned.
Variability in workload.
1. Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
2. Work at a computer for extended periods of time
Requirements listed are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. This position description is not meant to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job duties requested by the supervisor.