|Specialties:||Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Dermatology, Pain Management, Urology, Gastroenterology
|Preferred Certifications:||CCS,CPC CPCA
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||4850 Network Way, Suite 200 Boca Raton 33431, FL, US
At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America - 2015 - 2019
- Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth - Business Intelligence Group's Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award 2020
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) - Customer Sales and Service World Awards® - 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) - Customer Sales and Service World Awards - 2018
- South Florida Business Journal Fastest Growing Technology Company - 2016 - 2018
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
Modernizing Medicine is hiring a Compliance Auditor to perform internal compliance audits and support external audits as necessary. This will include reviewing records, reports, software and any other relevant programs and related activities. Following an audit, the Compliance Auditor will then make recommendations regarding changes to procedures or practices that are not in compliance with stated regulations and help to implement a plan to address such changes. The auditor will monitor the corrective action plan to ensure that the company makes necessary changes. The Compliance Auditor will also assist with operations support regarding tracking of KPIs, incidents and issues within the department.
- Develop and manage the Billing and Coding Compliance program for Modernizing Medicine including our software and revenue cycle
- Perform regular and ad hoc compliance audits and analyses, including billing and coding audits
- Prepares written reports of audit results, including recommendations for improvement and compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Develops audit tools and related policies/SOPs for the department
- Conducts auditing and monitoring activities, and reviews necessary documents to determine compliance with regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Generates and maintains all audit documentation, reports and recommendations.
- Communicates with key stakeholders regarding audit findings and corrective actions, if necessary.
- Performs other administrative duties that supports the department as assigned.
- Assists in preparing materials for external audits.
- Provides ongoing status reports to team.
- Assists in the creation of presentations as requested.
- Creates and updates compliance reports and metrics in a timely manner.
- Assists in the conduction of compliance monitoring, and development and implementation of performance improvement plans, and corrective action plans as necessary.
- Regularly monitors compliance with required training, and provides updates to the Chief
- Compliance Officer in a timely manner.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Information Management, Health Administration or similar degree.
- 3+ years of experience in medical coding auditing required
- Highly proficient in excel i.e. pivot tables, lookups, advanced formulas
- Certifications in Compliance, such as CCS, CPC or CPCA
- Strong knowledge of Compliance programs and systems
- Ability to prioritize work and exercise sound judgement
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all compliance and patient information
- Strong PC/MAC skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office/gSuite required
- Excellent organizational skills/time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with
- internal and external stakeholders and escalate matters as appropriate
- Team player and excellent cross-functional collaboration skills to work with all levels of employees
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Your compensation is a combination of base salary and bonus potential.
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Modernizing Medicine's Employee Resource Groups help foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our Women's (mmWIT), LGTBQIA+ (mmREACH) and BIPOC (mmUNITY) groups play a key role in contributing their expertise and experiences to create Modernizing Medicine's award winning culture through awareness, events, mentoring opportunities and much much more.
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!