|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Certifications:||CMC or CPC,CCS,CPMA
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||275 Allen St. New Bedford 02740, MA, US
Work for One of the World’s Best Hospitals!
In 2019 and 2020, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the
World’s Best Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s, and Tobey). In addition,
Southcoast Health was voted by readers as South Coast Media Group’s Best
Place to Work in 2019 and 2020. Why? Because we have some of the
most talented people in the world!
are searching for a Compliance Auditor- Facility or Professional
Billing to, under the direction of the Manager- Corporate Compliance &
Internal Audit, be responsible for the planning, organizing, and completion of hospital
revenue integrity compliance auditing OR professional billing Compliance
auditing and education activities required to comply with federal guidelines
and other compliance -related requirements. Additional job duties include
but not limited to:
- Identify lost revenue opportunities and any
overpayments made due to errors in coding, insufficient medical record
- Increase and strengthen health care
providers' awareness and understanding of medical record documentation
guidelines and coding principles.
- Serve as a role model for ethical management
behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of the System's Code
of Conduct and Privacy and Corporate Compliance Program.
- Assist the Manager, Corporate Compliance
& Internal Audit in assessing risk and developing an auditing plan to
support the overall compliance plan.
- Interact with all levels of management
within the Health System. Work independently under limited supervision
with emphasis on initiative and independent judgment.
- Provide functional or technical supervision
of other employees in the same or related classifications where
supervisory responsibility is limited to occasional direction, guidance,
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is
- Extensive knowledge of hospital inpatient
and outpatient coding and billing compliance required (ICD-10, DRG, APC,
CPT and HCPCS) and AP Federal and state regulations pertinent to a Health
System, OR extensive knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, APCs and DRGs
- Knowledgeable in both Medicare Part A and
- Hierarchical Condition Category Coding is a
- A good working knowledge of healthcare
practices, operations and coding compliance. Specifically, a good working
knowledge of medical terminology, patient care services, and clinical
- Interpersonal skills to interact
appropriately with various levels of management, mid-level providers and
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Minimum of 5 years of auditing/coding
experience is required.
- At least one of the following certifications
is required: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional
Medical Auditor (CPMA) or Certified Medical Coder (CMC), Certified
Professional Coder (CPC).
Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with multiple
access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout
Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By uniting a single purpose and
building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of
the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast
Health is the largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest
employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business Journal.
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being
that recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one
another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and
Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and
add value to our employees’ lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work
a minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to
work a minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community?
Join us to be More than medicine!
Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer