|Employer:||Lexington Medical Center
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| West Columbia 29169, SC, US
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to work for in the U.S., Lexington Medical Center is a 438-bed state-of-the-art facility that anchors a countywide health care network, including five community medical centers and more than 70 physician practices, and employs more than 6,500 health care professionals.
Lexington Medical Center has a reputation for providing patients with the highest quality care and consistently ranks in the top 10 percent in the nation in patient satisfaction. For this commitment to exemplary patient care, Lexington Medical Center has received the prestigious Press Ganey Summit Award and the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award. The hospital is also a leader in providing the most advanced medical technology and treatment options available in medicine today.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Midlands of South Carolina, Lexington Medical Center's main campus is less than 5 miles from the state's capital of Columbia.
Review hospital medical record data to determine if charges billed are supported by appropriate medical documentation.
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing
2. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in hospital coding and billing experience Certification in clinical coding is required
3. Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and MS-DRG/APC classifications and reimbursement methodologies
4. Strong problem solving and analytical skills
5. Ability to articulate orally and in writing an understanding of complex issues and detailed action plans, while representing the organization professionally. Must be able to communicate with physicians, senior administrators and department staff.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft office