|Skills:||Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills,proficient in Microsoft Office,Working knowledge of healthcare rules and regulations
|Specialties:||Medical and/or billing coding,working knowledge of applicable healthcare rules and regulations,healthcare compliance,privacy and/or auditing
|Required Certifications:||Certification from AAPC or AHIMA,Bachelor's degree
|Preferred Certifications:||Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC),Certification in CPMA,Master's degree,CCS or CCS-P.
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
The Compliance Specialist will assist the Compliance Manager
in implementing Umpqua Health’s Compliance Program and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
(FWA) Plan. Essential responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with the Compliance Manager in
designing and executing internal, external and provider audits.
- Conducting compliance and privacy
- Developing and tracking monitoring activities.
- Assigning and tracking corrective action plans
- Developing and conducting compliance and privacy
trainings, in the absence of the Compliance Manager.
- Creating a monthly Compliance Newsletter, in the
absence of the Compliance Manager.
- Conducting FWA audits and investigations.
- Compliance with the organization’s internal
policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with
applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Certification in medical and/or billing coding from AAPC or AHIMA.
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare compliance, privacy and/or auditing.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC).
- One of the following certifications: CPMA, CCS, or CCS-P.
- Experience in health plan compliance, specifically with Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations environment.