|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills,proficient in Microsoft Office,Working knowledge of healthcare rules and regulations
|Specialties:||Medical and/or billing coding, healthcare compliance, privacy and/or auditing, working knowledge of applicable healthcare rules and regulations
|Required Certifications:||Certification from AAPC or AHIMA,Bachelor's degree
|Preferred Certifications:||Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC),Certification in CPMA,Master's degree,CCS or CCS-P.
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||1813 W Harvard Ave. Suite 427,Roseburg 97471, OR, US
The Compliance Specialist will assist the Compliance Manager
in implementing Umpqua Health’s Compliance Program and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
(FWA) Plan. Essential responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with the Compliance Manager in
designing and executing internal, external and provider audits.
- Conducting compliance and privacy
- Developing and tracking monitoring activities.
- Assigning and tracking corrective action plans
- Developing and conducting compliance and privacy
trainings, in the absence of the Compliance Manager.
- Creating a monthly Compliance Newsletter, in the
absence of the Compliance Manager.
- Conducting FWA audits and investigations.
- Compliance with the organization’s internal
policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with
applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Certification in medical and/or billing coding from AAPC or AHIMA.
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare compliance, privacy and/or auditing.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC).
- One of the following certifications: CPMA, CCS, or CCS-P.
- Experience in health plan compliance, specifically with Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations environment.