VCU Health System's Corporate
Compliance department is seeking a full time Director Privacy
Operations responsible for planning and directing VCU Health System’s
strategic goals for compliance with federal (OCR, CMS, etc.) and state
requirements, and VCUHS policies across the clinical enterprise. This position
will administer the daily operations of the privacy program to include policy
maintenance and development; monitoring of privacy activities (investigations,
risk assessments, privacy reporting, and training); and management of privacy
incidents. Additionally, this position is responsible for assessing the
effectiveness of the overall privacy program. The position will report to the
Vice President, Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer.
· Functions as an independent and objective body that reviews,
promotes and evaluates privacy issues/concerns
within VCUHS and affiliates.
· Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths and
weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
· Makes recommendations based on emerging trends and internal
business process improvement.
· Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and
adhering to approved budgets.
· Provides budget recommendations and oversight for Privacy.
· Extensive knowledge of the function and department
· Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of
· Has full authority for personnel actions.
· Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration, Business or closely
related field from an accredited program
· Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) or
· Five (5) years of experience in healthcare privacy
Three (3) years of progressive leadership/management
· Master’s in Healthcare Administration, Public Policy, Law or
closely related field from an accredited program
· Seven (7) years of experience in
· Previous experience in an academic
health care setting
· Five (5) years of progressive
experience in an academic health care setting
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and
mortar; they are our team members … all 13,000+ of them. Our workforce is
diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local,
regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are
happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses
on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision
of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we
have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including
competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition,
on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages
women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.