iMedX has an opportunity for a Part-time Education Consultant - Strong in Ambulatory Surgery/Same Day Surgery CPT Coding as well as ICD-10-PCS. WE OFFER A REMOTE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING!
At the direction of the VP of Facility Coding & Quality, the Education Consultant develops or assists with development of all types of coding training materials and education to clients and staff via web-based, instructor-aided training programs.
Reports to the VP of Facility Coding & Quality
The Education Consultant communicates daily with clients and supervisor to ensure appropriate services are provided to meet/exceed expectations based on scope of service. The Education Consultant will also provide training to staff based on industry changes to new hires and existing workforce, along with the following responsibilities:
1) Assists with development of AM, CM, PCS and CPT training product lines.
2) At times, receives task-related direction from Education Consultant – Team Lead and others.
3) Provides the coder training programs to coders and other staff at hospitals and other healthcare providers.
4) Provides training to iMedX staff as needed.
5) Responds to Coding Hotline questions as needed.
6) Displays strong problem solving and “outside of the box” critical thinking skills.
7) Demonstrates strong clinical knowledge base.
8) Understands and adheres to all requirements in the Corporate Coding Compliance Program.
9) Meets productivity standards for position.
10) Seeks assistance only after exhausting all resources.
11) Continually enhances coding skills.
12) Participates in coding roundtables, meetings and educational conferences to ensure coding practice is up-to-date.
13) Maintains confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of medical information.
14) Maintains coding quality as listed in the Company’s coding quality program.
15) Promotes the Company’s values.
16) Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SCOPE DATA:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Current coding credentials/certifications from AHIMA (Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or from AAPC (Certified Professional Coder (CPC, Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC).
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Exhibits adaptability, provides excellent customer service and possesses professional written and verbal communications skills with an excellent eye for detail. He or she must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to work under pressure with time constraints and concentrate in a variety of work settings.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working as a coder or coding consultant.
- Passing score of 90% or higher on CM, PCS and CPT competency exams.
- Personal computer that meets the requirements of the position
- Means of communication, i.e., cell phone and/or land line.
Physical Work Environment:
The work environment is a home-based position where the employee is regularly required to sit, read, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands for keyboard or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Minimal (< 10%)