The CSI Companies is actively seeking entry level and experienced Certified Medical Coders for an Onsite coding position in Franklin, TN hiring in the Spring of 2020. We are seeking professionals who are passionate about growing their career and moving the healthcare industry toward value-based care.
This is an ONSITE POSITION that requires 40 hours a week (M-F 8am-5pm Central) and mandatory overtime during the end of the year and as needed. Once you have been working for 2-3 months, you are able to adjust the hours to 7am-3:30pm Central, 8:30am-4:30pm Central, 9am-5:30pm Central etc. as long as you are hitting productivity and quality goals.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the World's reputable healthcare leaders and obtain first class coding training within the Medicare Risk Adjustment field.
After 6 months of working the position, you will be able to work remotely on Wednesdays (as long as you are continuing to hit your productivity and quality goals)
After 12 months of working in this position, you will be able to work remotely full time. (as long as you are continuing to hit your productivity and quality goals)
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
**This role requires that ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 40 Hours PLUS OVERTIME as needed. We do not offer any part time schedules at our company, so please only apply if you are able to work the hours listed.
- Identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Clinical Condition Categories.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Provide support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
- Monitor Coding changes to ensure that most current information is available.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate HCC information.
- Active Coding certification through AHIMA / AAPC is required
- Minimum of GED or High School Diploma is required and will be verified
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- Technically savvy
**Compensation will be based upon years of experience, education and credentials
**Drug test, background check, credential verification, and education check (HS/GED) are required for this position.