|Employer:||NYU Langone Health
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| New York 10016, NY, US
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Practice Billing Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will manage and coordinate all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Oversee practice operations as they relate to the aforementioned and implement change where necessary. Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to local and national coding and reimbursement policies.
- Work with billing company to review and resolve denial issues
- Prepare reports and documentation in accordance with practice/FGP guidelines.
- Develop payment schedules (FGP) based on reason, availability of resources, and patients ability to pay
- Explain billing procedures to patients, and identify patient responsibilities
- Work with staff to maximize operational efficiency and clearly explain proper work procedures and methods for charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up
- Interact with vendors and independent contractors as it relates to billing and collections
- Collaborate with practice personnel and administration to implement change to practice operations where necessary
- Serve as a liaison to the outside billing service for questions, data request, and other inquiries; reviewing charge encounter forms for complete CPT code, ICD-9 code and other required billing information on a daily basis
- Educate physicians, staff and management on new policies and changes to existing policies
- Serve as resource to physicians, staff and management regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Maintain current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) certificate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch submissions, preparing and presenting analyses
- Stay up to date with industry requirements
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
For complete position description and to apply, visit https://jobs.nyulangone.org/job/12429330/faculty-group-practice-billing-coordinator-urology-new-york-ny/#tab-id-3
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment.