|Employer:||NYU Langone Health
|Specialties:||General surgery or Pediatric surgery
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||New York, NY
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Coord (Level III).
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Works with patients and guarantors to clarify financial responsibilities.
• Serves as primary resource to physicians, staff and management regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies.
• Leads and Collaborates with practice personnel and administration to implement change to practice operations where necessary
• Demonstrates a significant level of expertise in subject matter to assist and mentor entry-level billing staff, supports the supervisor in managing day-to-day team activities against scope and timeline, and ensure timely reporting of activities. Provides feedback and contributes to employee performance reviews
• Acts in a lead role in collaboration with billing supervisor team to manage and Coordinate all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s).
• Meets or exceeds the accountabilities of the Billing Coordinator I and II, and serves as a role model and resource to entry-level team members.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
Billing for pediatric or breast surgery preferred.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients
Detail oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch submissions, preparing and presenting analyses
Stays up to date with industry requirements.
Knowledge of medical terminology required
Familiar with standard office equipment
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.