|Employer:||Feet for Life Centers
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Location:||8637 Delmar Blvd,St. Louis 63124, MO, US
WILL ACCEPT CPC-A
On-Site coding coordinator position would work in the day to day coding operation and act as a liaison for patients to answer billing questions. All duties include coding, review of patient medical records, assignment of ICD-10 and CPT codes then entering the charges into our practice management software and some front desk duties.
- Accurately reviews documentation in the patient chart to identify necessary information for coding.
- Ensures optimal reimbursement by accurately assigning proper diagnosis and procedure codes according to the documentation.
- Meets or exceeds accuracy and productivity standards.
- Monitors assigned work to ensure all records are coded in a timely manner. Coders are required to code date of service within 72 hours of provider completing and signing the record.
- Monitors charges and codes for appropriateness of modifiers in relations to NCCI/CCI edits and payor-specific requirements.
- Consults and appropriately query physicians on questions/concerns related to documentation to support appropriate coding.
- Identifies trends/problems in documentation and provide possible solutions.
- Keeps up to date with industry standards and stays compliant with changes.
- Must have the ability to stay organized and work independently.
- Keep staff up to date with insurance changes.
- Cross train for some front desk duties.